Why Replace Your Windows St. Louis?
Here are six reasons to replace your old St. Louis windows with high quality, energy efficient Infinity from Marvin windows from the installer of replacement windows St. Louis residents trust – Lakeside Exteriors.
- Reduce monthly energy costs by reducing heat transfer through windows
- Enhance the beauty & value of your home
- Reduce outside noise
- Make cleaning windows easier with tilt-in convenience
- Eliminate window maintenance
- Keep your family safer and more comfortable all year long
Can New Windows Really Save You Money?
Many homeowners are asking the question, “Can energy-efficient windows really save me money?”
Replacement windows with energy-efficient glass packages can dramatically help prevent the natural transfer of heat and cold into your home. By controlling this natural conduction, you can better manage the comfort level in your home. You can save money and realize a significant return on investment by lowering the amount of energy it takes to heat or cool your home throughout the year.
Just like roofing and siding, your home’s windows need to be replaced every 20 years or so. Make it a part of your yearly home maintenance checklist to carefully evaluate your windows. Older windows can lose efficiency, causing heating and cooling bills to rise. When it’s time to replace your windows, invest in upgraded window to help lower your monthly energy bills.
Here are ways to tell if your home’s windows are costing you money through inefficient thermal performance:
- Do your windows have only a single pane of glass? Single pane windows let heat and cold pass through easily.
- Is there condensation between the panes of glass on double- or triple-glazed windows. This could indicate seal failure. If this is the case, you might need to replace the glass or the entire window.
- Check to see if there are any faded areas on your carpets and furnishings where harmful ultraviolet rays have damaged the interior of your home. This is an indication that your windows need spectrally selective Low E glass to block the sun’s harmful rays.
- Are your windows difficult to open or close? This may indicate warping or expansion of the frame, which can lead to gaps around the edges that allow air to enter your home.
The glass package you choose for your replacement windows makes a big difference in their performance. The best windows feature Low E (low emissivity) glass with inert gas sandwiched between multiple panes of glass. This gas fill acts as a type of barrier and helps prevent the transfer of heat or cold into your home. Controlling the amount of convection between the panes of glass will help you use less energy to heat or cool your home.
Many new windows are made with vinyl frames and sashes. But, over time, vinyl windows can warp and are not as strong as other materials. Lakeside Exteriors installs St. Louis replacement windows with fiberglass frames that are durable and help you lower monthly energy costs, increase the value of your home, reduce maintenance needs, and add beauty to the interior and exterior of your home.